Saturday 23 August 2008

Now what are they up to?

My good lady and I went on holiday to Cornwall recently, and, rather than my usual modes of transport, i.e. driving or flying (UP YOURS, GORE), we travelled by coach, so I had more time to pay attention to more than just the traffic. On the motorways I noticed some newish signs consisting of the motorway number, and what seemed to be distance markers, but using METRIC distances.

A bit of Googling told me that these signs are used by the emergency services to locate accidents and breakdowns, and that seems very sensible. The only thing is, I could not find confirmatIon that the distances were in miles.

Is this yet another bit of this despicable government's trying to force on the Great British unwashed yet something else they have expressed no desire for, using stealth?

No comments: